So, American Idol season 6 is over. And my pick didn’t make it. But it sure looks like this guy’s got a great head on his shoulders, he’s got a great family, a deep faith in God and he indeed has a bright future.
U.S. Navy Petty Officer Phil Stacey was voted off American Idol on Wednesday, May 2 after delivering the best Idol rock performance to date. He sang the hell out of Bon Jovi’s “Blaze of Glory“. After being voted off, Stacey had to return home to Naval Air Station Jacksonville, where he is the lead singer of U.S. Navy rock band, Pride.
Here are a few interesting links about him:
- Phil Stacey’s MySpace page
- Phil Stacey’s American Idol page
- article from FaithNews Network
- video of Pride, with Stacey on lead vocals, from July 4, 2006
- article from Lee University (his alma mater)
Stacey has hinted that he will eventually put out a CD. And when he does, it’ll find its way into my music library in short order.